Business Development Manager
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
- Business Development
Near Earth Autonomy is creating a future where autonomous flight is commonplace and safe. Our technology enables aircraft ranging in scale from sub-meter to full scale to autonomously transport and inspect. We are serious about system design, development, real-world testing, and delivering useful systems to customers. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help us realize this vision. Visit nearearth.aero to learn more about how you can help create the future of autonomous aviation.
Near Earth Autonomy invites qualified candidates to apply for its Business Development Manager position. The BD Manager will work directly with the company’s leadership to establish and maintain partnerships that will further the company’s vision of creating the standard in aerial vehicle autonomy. This professional will leverage Near Earth’s technology portfolio to develop one or more market-oriented opportunity portfolios and organize them into profitable business units.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the planning and execution of a business development strategy.
- Prospect leads by leveraging existing relationships and building new ones.
- Oversee the formation of business partnerships and negotiation of contracts.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with existing customers.
- Research and strategize growth opportunities in current and new geographies and markets.
- Coordinate preparation and submission of quotes and proposals.
- Enable and transition the relationship after contract close to the appropriate company department.
- Represent the company in conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Prepare opportunities forecasts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ten years of experience developing business pipelines within the aerospace or defense industry or 5 years of experience with unmanned/autonomous/robotic vehicles business development.
- Demonstrable and verifiable track record of developing new or expanding existing markets.
- Knowledge of US Government (especially DoD) requirements, acquisition, and budget processes.
- Experience leading small teams.
- Creative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple customers and projects.
- Ability to achieve objectives on challenging and diverse projects with minimal supervision.
- Available to travel domestically and internationally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or related field.
- Due to the nature of Near Earth’s funding this position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Total compensation including salary and stock options compatible with qualification and experience.
- 401(k) plan.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid-time off and parental leave.
- Life insurance, long-term and short-term disability benefits.
Due to the nature of our federal contracts, this position is subject to successful completion of a background check.