Senior Technical Program Manager
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Full Time
Near Earth Autonomy is looking for an enthusiastic technical program manager to help create a future where autonomous aircraft are commonplace and safe. Our technology enables aircraft ranging from sub-meter to full scale to autonomously inspect, map, survey, and transport. Our work encompasses system design, development, and real-world testing, facilitating novel applications and solutions for customers in Mobility and Inspection domains.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Technical Program Manager is integral to the Program Management Office (PMO), which is responsible for managing the design, development, maturation, and deployment of technologies and systems for autonomous flight. This role contributes to the conception and structuring of programs in alignment with the company’s strategy and to securing the funding necessary to implement them. This role is also responsible, together with project leads, for creating project plans, managing projects to successful completion, and cultivating lifelong relationships with sponsors and customers.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- Conceive of and structure programs composed of multiple projects.
- Coordinate among multiple projects in a program.
- In collaboration with project leads and project managers, create project plans including objectives, requirements, scope, goals, milestones, deliverables, tasks, dependencies, risks, schedules, and budgets, and coordinate the resources necessary for successful project completion.
- Identify issues and recommend solutions for their resolution, including resource and priority conflicts, within and between projects and programs.
- Assist with configuration management, information management, test data support, documentation management, integrated logistics support, and quality assurance activities across projects and/or product life cycles.
- Document and convey project and program progress/status to internal and external stakeholders via quad charts, reports, and presentations.
- Track, manage and communicate expenditures, schedule status, resourcing, technical progress, and path forward towards fulfillment of milestones and deliverables.
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies to achieve an acceptable balance between cost, schedule, and performance.
- Interface with technical, product, business development, and operations personnel in support of various company initiatives.
- Develop program plans including technical scope, cost estimates, and schedule projections in support of strategic planning, business development, customer requirements and proposal activities.
- Assist product managers in identifying capabilities and features in fulfillment of strategic roadmaps.
- Execute activities in concert with the PMO charter, processes, and procedures.
- Update and improve the PMO processes and procedures; evaluate and make recommendations to improve processes, procedures, policies, and plans beyond the PMO.
- Potentially supervise other PMO staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering or robotics field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in aerospace, robotics, or high-tech enterprises required; including sufficient relevant experience planning, organizing, and executing R&D and/or commercial projects and/or product maturation efforts.
- Prior involvement within the DoD acquisition lifecycle, particularly related to a Program of Record, or experience managing commercial productization and/or software certification is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project and the corresponding Google Workspace tools.
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools (including Jira and Confluence) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Systems Engineering principles is preferred.
- Due to the nature of Near Earth’s funding, this position is restricted to US citizens.
- Total compensation package compatible with qualification
- 401(k) plan
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Life insurance; long-term and short-term disability benefits
Due to the nature of our federal contracts, this position is subject to successful completion of a background check.
At Near Earth Autonomy, we are building the future of flight by creating autonomy systems that enable aerial vehicles to fly themselves safely and efficiently. When you join our company, you will get a spot on a team with the best minds in robotics and aerospace working to solve some of the hardest problems in the industry. You will write algorithms to keep aircraft safe by detecting wires hundreds of feet away, implement programs that map the world by processing hundreds of thousands of lidar data points per second, design sensor enclosures that can withstand the vibrations of helicopter blades spinning at 400 rpm, and participate in-flight tests to watch your technology in action. You will collaborate with mentors and teammates who are happy to share their expertise and help you grow professionally.
Here, you will find the reputation of a well-established company combined with the meritocratic structure, dynamic culture, and personal ownership of a start-up. You will be able to discuss the company strategy with our CEO over tacos, talk shop with our CTO on a walk through the 640-acre park next to our office, share your cooking skills with your colleagues in the annual chili cook-off, and wear the company uniform playing on our soccer and rowing teams.
We are a community of valued individuals who understand that life happens outside of the office. We are flexible and accommodating to our staff’s needs, particularly when unexpected situations arise such as needing to take care of home life and family. Our compensation package includes a salary that enables a comfortable life, stock options that reward employees for long-term loyalty, a 401k retirement plan, and medical, dental, and vision benefits.
We are looking for people who want to revolutionize aerial delivery, transport, and inspection. If you are up for the challenge, please submit your application, come on board, and let your passion take flight.